Re: How to integrate local help topics in system wide help?

Hey Luc,

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 18:19:35 +0300
Luc Pionchon <pionchon luc gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

I am wondering how to install a local help page so that it integrates with
the system help. Especially in the context of user plugin help page. But
this could be for any user help page with links to/from the system help.

If you only need to link to a page in gnome-help (if that's what you mean
by system help) from your standalone docs, prefix the ID of the page you
want to link to with "help:gnome-help/", for example:

<link xref="help:gnome-help/index">link to gnome-help index page</link>

This will not work for all links in Mallard however, so if you want your
pages to be part of gnome-help so that you can use automatic linking, for
example, you need to install your pages into the gnome-help installation
directory (which is /usr/share/help/C/gnome-help/ for C locale on Fedora,
and other distros will likely use similar paths). That's what we do with
Getting Started, which is basically a plugin for gnome-help.

HTH,
--
Petr Kovar