How to mark images as untranslatable?

Hi all,

I've migrated Glabels from g-d-u to itstool recently. In the course of
this changes, I've marked some XML tags as untranslatable, like in the
following example:

            the left column of cards/labels in the layout.</p></td>

Works fine so far, the XML content from the according table row doesn't
appear anymore in the *.pot translation template. But this affects
textual strings only, it doesn't work for images:

    <figure>
      <media its:translate="no" type="image"
src="figures/glabels-template-layout.png" mime="image/png" style="right">
      </media>
    </figure>

This image doesn't contain any translatable things, just some text which
is hardcoded in the Glabels' template syntax and must not be changed in
any case. Where I have to place the its:translate="no" part to let it
disappear from the translation template?

Best Regards,
Mario