Re: [evolution-kolab] Code Freeze Break request

Hi,

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 12:17 +0100, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> 3.4.0 will be the first release of evolution-kolab as one
> component of GNOME.

evolution-kolab is currently not listed in any jhbuild moduleset (could
go into "gnome-world"), so I personally don't consider it (yet?) to be
affected by the GNOME schedule and its rules.
However I always welcome developers that stick to the rules and freezes
even if they don't have to. Thanks!

>   Alas, after the release of 3.3.92 only I found some crashers
> in evolution-kolab which bring down Evolution-Data-Server (pls.
> see [1] and [2] on bugzilla). The fixes for these bugs are
> sitting on a Git branch, waiting for merging into Git master,
> as referenced in the bugreports.
>
>   Since the bugs are severe, I herewith ask for allowance to include
> the three commits mentioned in the bugreports into Git master
> of evolution-kolab before the release of 3.4.0.

http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-kolab/commit/?h=ek-wip-porting&id=47a2bdec7d362fbe12ae7efdf6365b10f94cfab2
http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-kolab/commit/?h=ek-wip-porting&id=8aab729174436dd89e4f345db5d989183cd9b35c
http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-kolab/commit/?h=ek-wip-porting&id=80fc286cd4fd93e25f0548dda2da2b98c990edd6

As written above I don't think you need approval from the release-team,
however if it was needed I'd give one r-t approval (you would need two)
from a quick view on the code (as far as I understand it) & its logic.

> PS.:	I'm not aware of any documentation having been done for
> 	evolution-kolab as yet, so at least the doc-team should
> 	not be affected by the fixes.

No, there is no documentation currently - feel free to ping me if you
want some for 3.6. :)

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed