Re: A new sysadmin guide ?

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:09:12 -0400
Michael Hill <mdhillca gmail com> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>
> > Mike, I see that you've created a skeleton in git for a sysadmin guide
> > - whats the next step here ?
> > I have added some more material to http://live.gnome.org/SysAdminGuide
> > in the meantime.
> > Anything else I can do to help ?
>
> No, that's great.  I'll try to get back to it this weekend.  My day
> job has been overwhelming lately, but Monday is a statutory holiday
> here (Canada Day!).

Mike, thanks for volunteering! Please count me in for this admin guide
effort. There is a strong need for desktop documentation for
administrators not only in GNOME, but also downstream, so I'm definitely
interested in helping out here and delivering this documentation
downstream afterwards (although I have yet to find out how to best
convert Mallard topic-based approach into DocBook documents that we need
to maintain downstream).

Mike, do you have any specific topics outlined on that wiki page that you
intend to work on?

Cheers,
Petr Kovar