Re: Prefered Licence

On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 16:55 +0200, Pierre-Yves Luyten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Which is the best licence for manuals, GFDL 1.1 / Creative Commons ?
>
> Obviously this is not for troll but necessary information to choose
> which one.
>
> As I used existing material as a basis for a new manual, I re-used GFDL
> (1.1) licence from old one. But if Creative Common is rather preferred I
> can still try to reach authors to re-licence.

We usually use CC-BY-SA 3.0.

If you're writing developer documentation, you should use this:

"This documentation is licensed under [licenses].

As a special exception, the copyright holders give you permission to
copy, modify, and distribute the example code contained in this
documentation under the terms of your choosing, without restriction."

--
Shaun