Re: Handling bug reports on user documentation
- From: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- To: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
- Cc: gnome-bugsquad <gnome-bugsquad gnome org>, GNOME Documentation <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Handling bug reports on user documentation
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:31:44 -0500
On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 22:17 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > > * There is a "documentation" keyword that is used broadly (mostly
> > > for developer docs?) with 157 open reports:
> > > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?resolution=---&keywords=documentation
> > And I never use the documentation keyword.
> The keyword description says "This bug (or something in it) needs
This is, in theory, a useful thing. If the bug affects the docs, give
it the keyword and don't close it until the docs are updated. I think
I've also proposed in the past just not closing bugs and instead moving
them to the docs component, as well as some sort of special "NEEDSDOC"
The problem with any of these mechanisms is that, unless developers use
them religiously, we still have to chase down changes, so the partial
list we get from bugzilla isn't that much help.
] [Thread Prev