Re: I want to contribute documentation to gnome

Hi Scott,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Scott Dunn <sdunn2000 gmail com> wrote:

> How do I start?

Did you settle on a distro and does it have GNOME 3.2?  I have further
experiences I can relate if you need help.

Briefly how I got started...

Install git.

Read https://live.gnome.org/Git/Developers and
http://projectmallard.org/about/learn/index.html.

Clone the desired project (I started with gnome-user-docs).

Change to the directory containing index.page and run 'yelp . &' to
start browsing/proofreading or look for .page.stub files to
write/finish... comments will describe what's needed.

Open the page file in a Mallard-aware editor (I use gedit but only
because I haven't taken the time to configure XEmacs) and edit.

Submit patches to the list.

Mike