Re: [Fwd: [Evolution-hackers] String change request for Evolution]

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 01:15 -0400, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> In general I think it would be really cool if Evolution/camel would
> just detect that kind of server and automatically do "The right
> thing"(tm) instead of needing user interaction but I don't know if it
> is easily possible.

My current plan is just to report an error telling the *user* to disable
multipart fetches. Making it *really* automatic would be cute, but I'm
not sure there's a sane way to change the configuration from within the
provider code. It doesn't strike me as the kind of thing I want to be
playing with in a stable branch, although maybe Matt will tell me it's
simple and has been done before...?

Detecting the error is the really important part. The bug outlines a
scheme for doing so.

But having looked briefly at implementing that, I am definitely *not*
brave enough to try to land it on the last day before the code freeze.
It's *quite* simple in principle, but not simple *enough* for me to want
to try it. I'd like to do it for 3.0.1 though, which is why my second
patch adds the error string that we'd report to the user, for
translation.

--
dwmw2