Re: a patch and hello

Hi Kelly,

Welcome! Sorry for the delay - I've now reviewed and applied your patch
(plus a couple of small modifications). Great work!

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 10:47 -0700, Kelly Sinnott wrote:
> I just finished working on the hardware-cardreader.page stub, and
> wanted to submit my patch to the list for feedback. I found a
> screenshot to be very helpful in describing how mounted cards appear
> in Nautilus. If screenshots are inappropriate or not really used, let
> me know.

I cropped the screenshot to make it smaller. As it was, it was
overflowing the default Yelp window size. Apart from that, everything
looks excellent. Here's some more feedback on the patch:

      * Including a list of the different types of memory card is a
        great idea - it makes it easier for people who don't necessarily
        see an "SD card" as a type of memory card (for example) to find
        the topic. Some of the types may need to be referred to by their
        full name, though (e.g. CompactFlash).
      * It needs a link to explain what "mounting" is - disk-partitions
        has a description, so I added a link. Mounting is a technical
        concept and we can't assume that readers know what it is.
      * I took the image out of the main list of steps and put it at the
        bottom of the page. The text is the important content here, and
        breaking it up with a large image disrupts the flow and
        distracts the reader.
      * You've done a great job of writing at a good level for the
        target audience (non-technical users). All of the
        troubleshooting steps are useful and easy to understand, and
        anticipate a number of potential problems. Very good work.

Thanks,

Phil