Evolution documentation update

Hi guys,

I thought I'd give you a quick update on the progress of the Evolution
documentation rewrite.

We're currently working on converting the material in the FAQ [1] to the
new Mallard format [2]; there's a Gitorious branch [3] containing all of
the topics that have been converted so far. Out of around 110 topics, we
have 8 reviewed and committed (7%) and another 5 or so pending review
(5%). All of the conversion work so far has been done by April and
Cristopher (CC'd); great work, guys! I think they'll be responsible for
a lot of the work on these docs in the future too.

Once we have all of the FAQ topics converted, we can start thinking
about elements of the UI that need explanation. In particular, I've been
looking at the more technical options in the Mail Accounts preferences.
I think this is an area where integrating "Help" buttons into the
interface would really benefit users. It would be good to get some input
from the GNOME usability guys on this too.

While we're identifying parts of the UI that may need explanation, we
could also perform a string review if you like. This would identify
strings in the UI that need to be revised due to their use of technical,
ambiguous, or confusing language. A string review would probably produce
a sizeable list of recommended string changes, so it would be good to
discuss how best to manage making the changes (to reduce the translation
and bugmail burden, for example).

If anyone is interested in helping out with the update (there's plenty
to do!), please let me know and I'll help you to get started. All
comments, ideas and questions are also greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ
[2] - http://projectmallard.org/