Re: Request for review: Empathy help

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 15:56 +0200, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> just a clarification.
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
> >
> > “When a meta-contact has been created, the default contact that will be
> > used to have a conversation with when you double-click on it, is the
> > last contact you select to link from the <gui>Link Contacts</gui>
> > window.”
> >
> > Not true. The contact with the highest presence (i.e. the most online
> > contact) is chosen.
>
> What happens in case of a tie here?

The libfolks code was initially designed to store the contacts inside a
meta-contact in some kind of persistent order, but we abandoned this
plan a while ago. The code may still behave that way, but I think it's
probably best to say the behaviour in this case is arbitrary. i.e. It'll
make an arbitrary decision between all the contacts with the highest
presence.

Philip