Re: Interesting Open Source Tools

On 10 Sep 2010, at 00:45, Shaun McCance wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to put together a list of open source tools that
> would be interesting to documentation people. I'm organizing
> a lightning talk session for a major UA conference. I want
> to wow people with cool open source tools.
>
> These can be anything that a documentation person would find
> useful: writing and editing environments, status trackers,
> automated build systems, translations tools, etc.

A few years old now, but you might find something of interest in here:
<http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/technicalpublications/whitepapers/translation_technology_sun.html>

I forget if the Translation Editor was open sourced at that point, but it is now: <https://open-language-tools.dev.java.net>

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.