Re: Request for review: Empathy help

Hi Philip,

first of all, thanks for the input and the corrections.

2010/9/9 Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk>:

> “When a meta-contact has been created, the default contact that will be
> used to have a conversation with when you double-click on it, is the
> last contact you select to link from the <gui>Link Contacts</gui>
> window.”
>
> Not true. The contact with the highest presence (i.e. the most online
> contact) is chosen.

This is interesting. I've been trying all yesterday evening to
understand what was the rationale behind it, and basically whenever I
started choosing one account, that didn't become the default one.

> “From the <gui>Contact List</gui>, right-click the contact to separate,
> and select <gui style="menuitem">Unlink...</gui>.”
>
> Nope, you have to select “Link Contacts…” then press the “Unlink”
> button.
>
> Note that starting an audio/video call with a meta-contact or send a
> file to one is also possible using the normal “Audio Call”, “Video Call”
> and “Send File” entries in the top-level contact list context menu.
>
> In the case of starting an audio or video call, the call will be started
> with the contact with the highest presence out of those in the
> meta-contact which are capable of audio/video calls. In the case of a
> tie, contacts which can do both audio calls _and_ video calls will be
> preferred (as it's assumed that the client they're using is more
> capable).

Will work on this later this week-end and update the docs accordingly.

Thanks again.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <miloc gnome org>