Remove section numbering for DocBook

Hi folks,

I'm considering removing section numbering for DocBook documents,
referencing everything by title only. Section numbering accounts
for a significant portion of the processing time for DocBook,
and it's some of the weirdest stuff that translators ever see
in PO files.

The downside is that it would make the output from my stylesheets
wholly unsuitable for printing entire documents. But I think I'd
rather focus on making tools for minimalist help viewers, and let
others worry about tools for printed manuals.

Thoughts?

--
Shaun