Re: Addition to Empathy Help Introduction

Hi Harold,

thanks for you patch.

2010/5/1 Harold Schreckengost <mewshi gmail com>:
> While the attachment is titled additionToIntroduction.diff, it also contains
> a trivial edit to the account creation page (changing "with" to "using" in
> the first paragraph).  I have no clue how to separate these edits.

I'm fine with the small bits of the patch, and have already applied
and pushed those parts.
The part that I'm not so sure about is the one the patch was really
intended: the new paragraph in the introduction page.

In my mind that page is intended as a general introduction to what
Empathy is, not to what you need or you have to do to run Empathy.

When you first run Empathy, and you don't have any account set up, the
assistant will be shown with a Help button that will provide you with
(hopefully) all the information you need to register a new account, or
what you need to set up the most common accounts.

Why do you think we need such a paragraph in that page? What do others
think about?

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <miloc gnome org>