Re: Icons for page types

Hi Shaun,

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:59 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
[...]
> I've been thinking about how best to use the icons.  Users
> will generally be looking at an individual help file in a
> single window.  It's not really useful to show the Empathy
> icon over and over again for every page in the Empathy help.
>
> What I'm considering is having icons for certain common page
> types.  So we'd have an icon for tasks, overviews, problems,
> guides, etc.  I think this would be particularly helpful in
> the auto-complete dropdown.

I think that this would be helpful too. To be successful, we need to
make sure that the page types we choose map well onto how users will
think about them (e.g. will users see a difference between tasks and
guides?). We also need to use distinctive icons which convey the purpose
of the different types.

Thanks,

Phil

--