Git question from Xfce folks (doc related)

Hi All,

Not sure if you can help, but I thought I'd ask in here, as it will assist in the Xfce team's structuring of their doc repos.

-----------------------
Does someone knows if git submodules support
remote paths or is there is another way to work with this?

Say we have xfce4-docs (meta repo in git for permissions for docs
writers) with this structure:
docs/xfce4-panel/<mallard pages and images>
docs/xfdesktop/...
docs/thunar/
docs/.....

and i want to link that into xfce4-panel:
docs/manual/ -> git://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-docs:docs/xfce4-panel/

Setting a remote branch could work to (so we have
xfce4-panel/xfdesktop/... branches with the docs in the root).

Any suggestions?

Jim