Re: "Clean Up by Name" connotes a less desirable Windows feature

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 13:14 -0600, David Siegel wrote:
> From user testing and comments on bugs, some users find it hard to
> anticipate what choosing "Clean Up by Name" from the Nautilus desktop
> context menu will do. Users familiar with Windows's "Clean Up"
> functionality hesitate to use this handy feature in Nautilus because
> they don't want to deal with the clean-up wizard or Unused Items
> folder they may be trained to expect from Windows.
>
> I recommend changing the string "Clean Up by Name" to "Arrange by
> Name" to avoid connoting the Windows feature of a similar name.

"Arrange by name" conflicts with how we use that to mean the automatic
sorting done by view->arrange items->by name" which is why another word
is used for this one-shoot effect.

So, we need a better word.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a lonely skateboarding hairdresser in a wheelchair. She's a warm-hearted
psychic widow with an MBA from Harvard. They fight crime!