Re: GNOME 3.0 Hackfest + 1 day conference for the launch(in Asia)

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 07:09, Frederic Muller <fredm gnome org> wrote:
I'd like to echo the call we made to the release team here http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2010-December/msg00031.html

and get a consensus on which date works better around GNOME 3.0 release (April 06) for each team to have a hackfest. We've been discussing the plan since September with various members of each team (to get the 3 teams together in a hackfest before a 1 day conference to celebrate GNOME 3.0 launch with the public in Asia) though emails and at the Boston Summit.

I think that only the first time frame makes sense from the marketing perspective. I see little reason to conference about marketing after the release date. But we don't *have* to have a marketing hackfest. If other dates work better for other teams, feel free to opt for those.