Re: More ways to research commonly-asked questions

Hi All,

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Phil Bull <philbull gmail com> wrote:
Hi Shaun,

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 10:03 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> Is StackExchange free software? Does it have a web
> services API? Perhaps we could integrate it into
> Yelp.

I don't think it's Free, but it does have a web API:

http://stackapps.com/questions/1/api-documentation-and-help

You need to register for an API key, so I don't know if it's
redistributable.

Thanks,

Phil

As a note regarding the content on the site, they specify that all content submitted is made available under a CC-by-SA license, and that they occasionally provide data dumps of this.  (See sections 2 and 3: http://stackapps.com/legal/terms-of-service ).  The license they use is the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/ license.  I'm not sure how that differs between the 3.0 unported license used by so GNOME, Ubuntu, Fedora, & Wikipedia.

Jim