Question about reviewing others' documentation contributions

I would like to take part in GNOME's documentation and in starting
slowly, I thought a good idea would be to review the content of
others' contributions. Since April has been very active recently I
downloaded her files so that I could get a feel for the process and
tools involved. My problem is that I can't open individual files
because there's no index.page (?) file. As I understand (and to be
honest I really *don't* yet understand) the index.page is key to
Yelp's ability to present topic-based help, with the various topics
linked as necessary.

Finally my question, then: if I want to review someone else's
contributions, what's the best way of doing so? Do I need to do a "git
pull..." of the matching git repo, manually download the contributed
files into the same folder, then load Yelp?

- Russell Dickenson