Re: gnome-doc-utils

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 22:03 +0200, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am currenly working on Nautilus-Actions Configuration Tool user's manual.
> I write it with DocBook, and I so have integrated g-d-u in my project
> (following the instructions at [1]).
>
> But I do not find the make target to be used to generate html or pdf outputs.
>
> Do I have to write myself the make rules in order to be able to do
>   'make html' or 'make pdf' ?

The build utilities in gnome-doc-utils are for building and
installing DocBook or Mallard files for the GNOME help system.
That's the only thing they do. The help system uses the source
files directly, so there are no targets to create HTML or PDF.

You can use gnome-doc-tool to create HTML files using the XSLT
in gnome-doc-utils. If you want PDF files, though, you should
probably look at other tools, like xmlto or publican.

--
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/