Re: personal pronouns

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 22:00 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:

> I'm interested: why don't you like personal pronouns in documentation?
> As far as I'm aware, we've restricted use to "you"/"your", which are
> reasonably safe.

Most of the documentation I've read (technical manuals outside GNOME)
don't use personal pronouns. The training I've received states don't use
them. As Shaun McCance said GNOME is aiming for casual and informing
that engages the reader. I understand and now I'm clear on the topic.
Thank you

--
Craig Keogh <cskeogh adam com au>