Re: Introduction

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 22:16 -0400, Michael Price wrote:
> My name is Michael Price and I would like to help contribute to the
> Gnome Documentation. I have a little experience with Docbook, and
> MoinMoin. I am willing to contribute to where ever I am needed.

Welcome! We're currently working on a major rewrite of the GNOME desktop
help.

We used to write in DocBook, but now we're using the new Mallard markup
[1]; it's similar to DocBook, but much simpler and with an emphasis on
topic-based writing. (It's not necessary to learn Mallard, though; we
accept text-only submissions too.)

You can find some examples of tasks here [2]. We have a load of stub
topics in a git repository [3] and are working through adding content to
them.

It would be great if you could help out with this! To get started, all
you need to do is pick a topic and start writing. We don't have an
up-to-date style guide at the moment, so you might like to take a look
at the Empathy help [4] for style hints, and we can help you out if
you're not familiar with any of the tools (git, Yelp, Mallard).

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - http://projectmallard.org/
[2] - http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Tasks