Re: Shared Help System

Hi Shaun,

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 09:35 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> Not a lot of response, so I'm going to assume everybody
> on these two lists just trust us on this.

I think that's a fair assessment. The only thing I'm concerned about is
potential clashes between generically-named docs (e.g. if GNOME has a
desktop-help/ directory but KDE also wants a desktop-help/ directory).
Will this be left up to packagers to decide what to do?

> We use index.page for Mallard and index.html for HTML, so why
> don't we simplify this whole thing and always use index.docbook
> for DocBook? We don't need to worry about compatibility with
> GNOME's existing documents, because those are in a different
> location and referenced with a different URI scheme.

That seems reasonable. Will index.xml be supported too?

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull