PLEASE, PLEASE produce user-doc IN ONE HUMONGOUS FILE. Way it is now is basically IMPOSSIBLE to traverse.

Subject:  PLEASE, PLEASE produce user-doc IN ONE HUMONGOUS FILE.  Way it is now is basically IMPOSSIBLE to traverse.

The way it seems to be now is that each subject, even each SUB-subject, is on a SEPARATE PAGE (site).

Which makes it plain impossibly difficult, and also an awful pain – clearly whoever was in charge of the project NEVER HAD TO USE THE THING HIM/HERSELF – that person clearly already knew gnome.

Myself, I’m coming from YEARS (decades?) using CDE on Solaris, and now Solaris 10 is demanding, basically, that we use Gnome.

You know, best of all would be html, so we could run it thru LYNX (not links, but the cat-type animal, LYNX) and get a, admittedly pictureless and tableless, nicely-formatted ascii result – something we can GREP through!

PLEASE someone reply by email – I am not ready to join a mailing-list – maybe later.

So please, email.

Thanks,

David