Re: Entities in Mallard

Hi,

2009/6/29 Jim Campbell <jwcampbell ubuntu com>:

> Because Mallard uses a Relax NG schema, I started checking into Relax
> NG schemas a bit, and see that they do not allow for the use of
> entities in the same way that is available through a DTD.  I haven't
> done a lot of checking yet, but there may be some workarounds . . . To
> be honest, though, I really just don't know at this point.
>
> I only bring this up because, since we use entities & a Relax NG
> schema doesn't natively accommodate them, then we will need to find a
> way around this.  That, or we'll just need to be prepared to have
> scripts in place that can help automate some of the text conversion
> that entities allow.

For what I understand things, Relax NG doesn't allow definition of
entities inside the schema itself, but you can always use entities in
the document since it's always XML.

> If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on this for now, please
> share.  Is this something that could be worked around?  If so, what
> could we do?

The problem, at least testing it with Yelp 2.27.1, is that it will not
recognize them. Running it from the command line you get this:

Unmatched inline element: app

(here I was testing with the <app></app> tag for Empathy)

What I basically did was using the same "syntax" as for a docbook document:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE page [
<!ENTITY app "<app>Empathy</app>">
]>