Re: quo vadis, docs

Le mardi 17 février 2009, à 07:46 +0000, Phil Bull a écrit :
> Hi Vincent,
>
> On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 00:45 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > This could be possible if we have enough mentors. And from what I
> > understood from Shaun, this is part of the issue. Note that I don't
> > think I'd be a good mentor for docs, eg. Maybe all potential mentors for
> > such tasks could sign up somewhere? (and create a least a patch to show
> > that they'd really be good mentors ;-))
>
> It should be possible to draft in some mentors from the Ubuntu Doc team.
> We have a few who are active at the moment and who might be interested.

The obvious question is: could the Ubuntu Doc team be active upstream
even if we don't do some program with mentorship? What can we do to
attract those volunteers? What is currently wrong that makes them not
help upstream?

And if we have potential mentors, I guess the next step is to have them
all on gnome-doc-list and to get some discussion there on how to create
a mentorship program.

(removed release-team from cc since there's no point in having the
release-team cc'ed anymore, and I got tired of reading this thread
twice...)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.