Re: quo vadis, docs

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org> wrote:

> [1] I'm taking for granted that there are in fact no bug reports; I
> really don't know and haven't looked in a long time, though certainly
> virtually no reports were filed about docs by regular users when I was
> active.

There are a couple of gnome-user-docs bugs complaining about some of
the things I listed. I don't know if they were filed by 'regular
users'.

Anyway, a simple alternative to a prolonged discussion about dropping
docs and similar drastic measures is to just chime in and help making
GNOME 2.26 the "best documented GNOME since 2.2".

I have done patches for about half the problematic capplets this
weekend. I'm sure if some more people are willing do update one
section each, we can have 100% accurate docs by the end of the month.

As Jon McCann pointed out to me, sitting down and trying to write docs
for a piece of software is a valuable excercise for developers, since
it teaches you just how bad some of our UIs are...

Matthias