Re: Update to gospanel.xml

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 01:13 +0000, Phil Bull wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've attached a patch to
> gnome-user-docs/trunk/gnome2-user-guide/C/gospanel.xml. The following
> changes have been made:

Thanks a lot, Phil.  I've just applied this and the two
other patches you sent.

> This patch should fully update this section of the user guide for GNOME
> 2.24, except for the following issues:
>
>       * The CD player (gnome-cd) no longer seems to be included in any
>         GNOME distributions, so it shouldn't be used as an example of a
>         notification area icon. Is there anything reasonably universal
>         that could be used to replace it? I was thinking of nm-applet or
>         Brasero, but they're not officially part of the GNOME Desktop
>         IIRC.

How about the battery status indicator?  I think that's
in stock Gnome.  Is NetworkManager really not?

>       * Is the Window Selector applet still a default panel applet for
>         vanilla GNOME? I've been testing on the GNOME 2.24 VMware Live
>         Demo (which uses Foresight) and it's not used by default.

I don't think the window selector menu was ever a default
applet.  IIRC, stock Gnome has used the window list on the
bottom panel as far back as 2.0.

--
Shaun