Re: Mallard copyright years

2009/8/2 Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>:

> Does anybody foresee problems with using an attribute
> for this?  I'd particularly like to hear from any
> translators who've tinkered with Mallard.

The only "problem" I see is with languages that write numbers not in
Western way, with different "scripts". If the attribute is not
translatable, they could have a problem.

I checked on Damned Lies how numbers are written in Arab, and some
Eastern languages: the only one that uses a different script looks
like is Hindi, and in some cases Chinese Honk Kong (they add a
"symbol" after the year).

There's not a lot of material to look at on Damned Lies though, and I
cannot speak for those languages, but that's the only thing that came
to my mind.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo casagrande name>