Re: Documentation Status Tracking

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 12:19 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> As many of you know, I've been working on a system called Pulse
> to help us track our documentation.  It's now at a stage where
> it can offer genuinely useful information that can significantly
> help use prioritize our efforts.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/pulse/web/
>
> We can easily see what documents exist, but what we really need
> to know is what the status of each document is.  In order to do
> this, I've come up with a system of recording status information
> directly in the DocBook.

And instead of expecting you all to swim through all the
information in Pulse looking for this, here's an example
of how status information and links will show up in Pulse
when added to a document:

http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/pulse/web/doc/svn.gnome.org/gnome-devel-docs/gdp-style-guide/trunk

Here's the addition to the DocBook that made this appear
in Pulse:

http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-devel-docs/trunk/gdp-style-guide/C/gdp-style-guide.xml?r1=581&r2=582

--
Shaun