Suggestion

Hello
I am a new Linux user with UBUNTU installed.  As a lot of things are so different to Windows, when I read about Downloads for example, there are often abbreviations used that I have never heard of.

My suggestion is:  Would it be possible to have someone create a Database of as many abbreviations as possible, so that 'newbies' like me can look up these when needed?

Today I wanted to download a greetings card programme which said that one of the requirements was PHP, but as I don't want to download anything that might upset the system I have not done so.  Previously I downloaded a Bible programme that was for the 'TK'? desktop, which upset another programme I have on my computer.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards.............Patricia Cordery