DOC_FIGURES directory replicated causing bloat

I am using gnome-doc-utils in my application
(hosted at http://pasang-emas.sourceforge.net/)
and encounter an annoying problem.

Following the documentation, I have the following
in the Makefile.am file:

<--- begin cut --->
include $(top_srcdir)/gnome-doc-utils.make
dist-hook: doc-dist-hook
DOC_MODULE = pasang-emas
##DOC_ENTITIES = legal.xml
##DOC_INCLUDES = filename.c
DOC_FIGURES = figures/etc
DOC_LINGUAS = ms ar
<--- end cut --->

The trouble is 'make install' will duplicate 'figures'
for each translation. Since my figures are not
language-specific, this cause a considerable bloat.

When I debianize my application, the bloat also
appears in the deb file.

Is there any feature in gnome-doc-utils to allow
figures to be shared by different translations.

Thanks
jaidi