Re: Welcome New Writers

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 13:04 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> There have been a few people introducing themselves to
> the list lately, and I haven't responded to each them.
> I'd like to welcome any new members of the list and
> give you some pointers on how to help.
>
> Most of our documentation is out of date.  Some of it
> was never complete to begin with.  Since we have very
> few active writers, you pretty much have your pick of
> what to work on.
>
> My general recommendation to new writers is to pick
> an application manual for something you use frequently.
> It's easier to write documentation for an application
> you're familiar with.  Smallar manauls will allow you
> to go through the entire writing process and actually
> finish something.  Finishing things feels nice.
> [...]

If there is some interested in contribute in a small project,
I would like to have documentation for Gnome Nettool (for the next
release of Gnome Desktop).

Gnome Nettool is an small application to diagnose the network (it is a
frontend for command such as ping, traceroute, dig/host, finger, whois,
etc.)

Best regards,

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño