library.gnome.org organization

I've been writing down some notes on the organization
of developer documents on library.gnome.org.  Some
things are in odd places, and some pages just have
too much stuff to be useful.

These are very rough thoughts.  Hopefully it will
spur others into thinking about it as well.

* gnome-doc-make and gnome-doc-xslt don't really
fit under Guides/GDP.  They're probably best off
under Development Tools, alongside gtk-doc.  It
might be good to have two sections on that page
for applications and, um, other tools.

* We only have three documents for bindings: one
for C++ and two for Python.  Surely there are more
documents.  Additionally, these are buried deep in
References.  Imagine you're a Python programmer.
This is not an optimal way to find out how to use
the Gnome platform.

* And on that note, References is way too long,
and contains a lot of potential noise.  We have
references there for stuff that isn't even in our
release set.  I think it's great if we can provide
this service to peripheral projects, but we don't
want it to get in the way of our docs.

* The Deskbar module tutorial doesn't belong in
Guides.  It's app-specific, and should be put with
plugin manuals and such.

* Same with Nautilus Internals.

* I don't think we need a section for the Style
Guide and GDP Handbook.  At least, I think they
could be in the same section as the HIG.

Here's a possible organization:

* Overviews, Guides, and Tutorials
* Reference Manuals
  - Platform
  - C++ Bindings
  - Python Bindings
  - Desktop
  - Other
  - Specifications
* Development Tools
* Application Plugins and Internals

This isn't fully fleshed out.  Basically, I just
want to ensure people can not only find what they
want, but can also explore.  Thoughts?

--
Shaun