Re: Two-words and one-words GUI elements

On 26 Apr 2008, at 18:40, Shaun McCance wrote:

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 16:50 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

My guess would be that it's to get around the fact that "check" is
largely an Americanism[1].  (Would be interesting to try and get in
touch with the authors of the Apple/MS style guides to hear their
rationale in some cases, though... wonder if any of our doc writers at
Sun have some contacts there.)

Well, are your old doc guys still around?  Maybe
you could ask Pat or Eugene what their rationale
was when the terminology recommendations were
first made.

FWIW, I did try, but the email addresses I have for them seem to be bouncing these days. Will ask around a bit more as I'm sure somebody here will have some more up-to-date contact details...

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team