From: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
To: Adrian Custer <acuster gmail com>
Cc: Gnome-doc-list <Gnome-doc-list gnome org>; Louis Luangkesorn <lluang yahoo com>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 11:49:11 AM
Subject: Re: Math markup

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 10:15 +0200, Adrian Custer wrote:
> Hey Shaun, all,
>
> Louis just raised this question on gnumeric-list, thought you all might
> have an answer:
>
> On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 08:17 -0700, Louis Luangkesorn wrote:
> ...snip...
> > (i) There are equations in here, so I need to hear from Adrian if
> > dblatex is reasonable, or if the equations need to be converted to
> > MathML (or if I need to attach images for the equations, not having
> > ever used MathML before.)
> ...snip...
>
> what's the status of equation handling in gnome docs?

I've had a long-standing intention of making Yelp capable
of doing MathML.  But since nobody's asked for it before
now, it hasn't been a priority.  Since Gecko handles it
natively, it ought to be as simple as passing any MathML
straight through the XSLT untouched.  (We could possibly
add a Content->Presentation MathML layer into the XSLT,
but I think the demand for that is close to nil.)

<snip>
--
Shaun