Re: Word-a-Day: cancel, stop

On 6 Aug 2008, at 21:45, Shaun McCance wrote:

Abort probably doesn't belong in user-facing text, though I'm
willing to entertain suggestions for places where it's called
for.

Agreed. Abort, kill and terminate are all rather emotive words, and indeed I've read styleguides in my time that explicitly discourage their use.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team