Re: Word-a-Day: progress bar, progress indicator

On 30 Apr 2008, at 17:03, Shaun McCance wrote:

As with any notification, Banshee's notifications go
away automatically after some number of seconds.  But
they have this countdown disk that shows you how long
it will be before they disappear.  This actually makes
me feel less rushed, because I know how much time I
have to hit it.  Without the disk, I would feel like
I have to drop what I'm doing and hit it *right now*,
because it could disappear any second.

Getting back to whether "progress disk" is a useful term, I don't know about Banshee's implementation, but potentially such an indicator might be themeable anyway. In which case it may not look like a 'disk' at all for any given user, which suggests that it might be better just to stick with the more generic 'indicator' as far as possible.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team