Re: Word-a-Day: capplet, preference tool

On 17 Apr 2008, at 21:34, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

On Apr 11, 2008, at 8:41 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:

Revised proposal
preferences window
A small application that allows users to change their
personal preference settings.
settings window
A small application that allows users to change
system-wide settings.

I think this distinction will not last long. I expect future combined
windows to let you change both personal and (if you authenticate as an
administrator) system-wide settings.

Also, it has to be said we've always deliberately avoided using more than one word for "preferences", i.e. in UI reviews we've always asked for anything called 'settings' or 'options' to be changed to 'preferences' where at all possible.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team