Re: Module proposal: Project Hamster for GNOME 2.24

Toms wrote:
Haven't heard about Timeline before, but it seems that it has slightly
different target - it tells you which applications you have been
using.

In Hamster, on other hand, you tell the app, what you are doing (like
"reading email" or "working on X" and others), and at the end of day
it can show you totals, from the data you entered - in two words -
time tracking.
Sound like a great little tool. I used to use it similar in my previous life, my manager made us all to use it. We can define categories for the task we spent time on. But we are not allow to define a category called 'Misc' because that would become the biggest
category where time spent on :).
Can't remember the name of the tool, it was a tcl with Motif widget.

Can the categories be made to loaded from a specific location or files?
Thinking of centrally configured for a small work ground, may be useful for project manager to know how much to charge the clients based on the out put of this tool :)

-Ghee
Popular use case for Hamster type of time tracking desktop
applications is in companies, where time reports are to be sent, say,
every second week, registering how many hours one has spent on which
projects.