Re: Some questions on devel-docs

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 17:22 +0800, michael shang wrote:
> Hi Shaun and all,
> I saw your proposing mail, I am concerned about new features of gnome.
> Could you please help me with several questions on gnome-devel-docs?
>
> 1. All the things listed at http://live.gnome.org/DeveloperGuides will be
> in gnome-devel-docs, even more, right? is there a road map for it, about
> when what will come out?

That page is a list of ideas, not necessarily a concrete
roadmap.  I do think every document listed on that page
would be valuable to developers.  But I can't write them
all myself.

> 2. I have downloaded the tarball and installed it, how can I view the docs
> or get the a doc list now, is there a GUI application or cmdline to use.

The documents should be viewable in Yelp.  Now that Don
has Rarian up and running, I'd like to investigate how
to better categorize our documentation, and how to get
all of our developer documentation into the mix.

--
Shaun