Re: Clarius/Clearlooks

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 12:52 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> Don wrote on another topic:
>

> > the
> > default Clarius^W
> > Clearlooks theme. (I won't attach them here.  Look
> > at the current ones
> > and imagine them in Clearlooks).
>
> Did we find out for definite whether Clearlooks and
> Clarius are identical?
> Ryan Paul left a note on the release notes wiki page
> saying the scrollbar is different.

>From the gnome-themes changelog:

2006-08-31  Thomas Wood  <thos gnome org>

	* configure.in:
	* gtk-themes/Makefile.am:
	Remove Clarius from build, as no longer needed

	* desktop-themes/Clearlooks/index.theme.in: Revert to using
	Clearlooks, as it now has non-glossy scrollbars

Yes.  We are back to Clearlooks.  The difference was that Clearlooks
had blue scrollbars while Clarius had normal (background) coloured ones.

The change above makes Clearlooks have normal coloured scrollbars.  In
everything else (AFAICT), the themes were identical.  Hence, when the change
was made, the default theme went back to Clearlooks.

> Shaun, as our Glorious Leader, do you think you could
> convey to the relevant people our slight feeling of
> carpet-pulled-from-under at this change not having
> been run past us?

I get the feeling this is what caused the revert in the first place.

Don
--
DonS on irc.gimp.org
http://www.donscorgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk