Re: Screen Recordings...

Here are some examples attached... I use them ALOT when I work with extremely new to computers people.  They love it and the animated gifs work well with Open office impress.
It gives people an idea of what to see an expect.  And also give them more confidence when they see it being done.

On 10/12/06, Don Scorgie <DonScorgie blueyonder co uk> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2006-102 at 14:41 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

> > In a similar vain / vane [1], there was some
> > discussion a while ago
> > about adding a "Show me..." type comment for
> > instructions which would
> > launch a dogtail script to open the desired
> > application, go to the right
> > screen and highlight the control, or show a sequence
> > of steps or ...
>
> That might be better than videos, as it's within the
> interface. The next time, the user points exactly
> where the auto pointer went.
> There would be issues of when to relinquish control of
> the pointer to resolve, but all feasible I'm sure.

With dogtail (from what I can tell), control of the pointer wouldn't be
relinquished - the user would still have control (Assuming we're talking
about the mouse pointer).  Instead, the window would automagically
appear on the desktop (or be moved from a different virtual desktop) and
the selected control would be highlighted with a black border.  If
you've ever seen at-poke in use, that's the kind of thing I'm thinking
about.  It still allows the user to mouse around and examine thing, but
the control they would be interested in would be black-outlined until
the clicked it.

> > Anyway, enough pointless ramblings from me.  I think
> > getting a dogtail
> > script for screenshots, for 1 manual (as an
> > experiment) would be a good
> > first step, if that's the road you are / anyone is
> > interested in taking.
>
> Dogtail could be a huge help with the aforementioned
> problems with maintainance of screenshots.
>

> > [1] I can't decide which is the right word here. [2]
> > [2] Although, writing these footnotes has actually
> > taken longer than
> > Googling it
>
> It's 'vein'. :)

Dammit.  All that effort and I still get it wrong.  Seriously, I spent a
good 2 minutes agonising over the correct version.  I want my two
minutes back now ;)

Don