Re: Documentation licenses and gnome legal group

--- Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 18:38 +0000, Joachim Noreiko
> wrote:
>
> > Does this legal team know about our problems with
> the
> > GFDL and documentation?
>
> Don't think so, they are just bootstrapping the
> group.

I don't know who's involved -- could someone let them
know?

> > Are any of our problems relevant to the web pages?
>
> Are these issues explained anywhere?

There's a bit on the wiki, and Shaun gives a quick
summary in this post:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2006-September/msg00067.html

I don't fully understand all the issues, but I'm
concerned about the GFDL's concept of revision
history, document titles, and the like. I don't see
how they will work with web pages produced with a CMS.