Re: Manual page translations

At Tue, 23 May 2006 17:05:02 +0930,
Clytie Siddall wrote:

> Bruno Haible has released a groff-utf8 patch, and is currently
> working on a full groff release which will support UTF-8.

Until this release comes out and propagates to most GNU distributions
and free *BSD, it is harmful to submit translations of manpages in
UTF-8, as every user must patch his installed version in order to view
them.

It will be fine if Yelp renders them, but it doesn't solve the problem
as some people don't use GNOME, while others have problems with Yelp
(it is nearly unusable for me at home at my most powerful machine).

--
"Every non-free program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master." --RMS