Re: GConf Key Reference

--- Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net> wrote:
<snipped a bit>
> I've been playing around with python, libxml2,
> libxslt and gconf schemas
> files... This is what I've come up with:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/gconf-keys/index.html
>
> I think generating a key reference would be
> beneficial in a number of
> ways:

4) It gives power users a quick overview of what they
can fiddle with in an app!

> Still playing around with it.  Let me know your
> comments, good or bad!

Seems like a very good idea.
Would it go in the GConf manual, or in the admin
guide?

I don't think a table is the best choice for
formatting. The key is a very wide string that won't
cut for wrapping, and that will make the paragraph of
text either very narrow or push it off the screen
completely and force horizontal scrolling.
How about a variable list, like this:

key (type, default)
  description