Re: Gnome Live Wiki Day (and other wiki-ish ideas)?

On 21/03/2006, at 10:18 PM, John Stowers wrote:

One of the cool things that Ubuntu did (and still does), is host a wiki day. Like a bug day, but where everyone is encouraged to work on the wiki. I think this would be a fantastic idea for us to do. <snip>

I really like your ideas, and would be happy to contribute to a wiki day.

I do, however, agree with Joachim that MoinMoin is not the best wiki choice. MediaWiki would be so much better. Also, I find the new appearance of the wiki jarring. Is it possible to return to the previous appearance?

I'm looking forward to learning about Categories, if I can get the time: I tried to get them to work today on the Ubuntu-Women wiki [1], but evidently haven't quite got the idea yet...

The Ubuntu wiki looks a bit cleaner. I don't understand how the appearance is decided. :S

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWomen

I don't use Ubuntu (Mac OSX :) ), but I'm a member, and have worked on the main wiki page, and just written a couple of pages for translators of the group's material.