Re: Flicking through docs (was: Re: PDFs for user-guide, accessibility-guide and system-admin-guide)

--- Matthew East <mdke ubuntu com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 16:25 +0000, Joachim Noreiko
> wrote:
> > However, I do see your point about wanting to
> > mouse-wheel through the whole thing to see what
> > catches your eye.
> >
> > After all, a book is made up of relatively short
> > pages, and you can read one without being
> distracted
> > by the others.
> > Yet you can also flick through the whole thing
> very
> > quickly.
> >
> > Perhaps we can think of a way for yelp to allow
> both
> > kinds of behaviour.
>
> Perhaps a "View Document on Single Page" option.
> There is no need to
> move away from rendering html to do this, of course.

Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

Would we want an all-or-nothing toggle that does
regular yelp or continuous page yelp, or should we
allow the user to choose at what level to apply
breaks?

Shaun, your thoughts?